- Businesses- Ask these people for donations of products and/or gift certificates for a silent auction
- Musicians- Ask these people if they would be willing to play a benefit concert for you with the money raised going to your treatment fund.
- Artists- Ask these people to donate pieces of artwork for you to sell on Etsy (Check out my Etsy store for ideas- LymeMargaritas)
- Bakers- Ask these people if they would be willing to make some pies/desserts and host a Bake Sale for your fundraiser
Step 3: Time to clean out the closets and do some spring/fall cleaning. Make a pile of everything you could sell (Clothes, Shoes, CD's, DVD's, Books, Video Games, Furniture, Collectibles, etc...)
- Clothes/Shoes- These items can be sold at various consignment shops in your town
- CDs/DVDs/Books- These items can be taken to a used bookstore that has a buy back program.
- Video Games- These can be sold at places like Vintage Stock and Game Stop
- Furniture- This can be sold on Craigslist or in a yard sale
- Collectibles- These are best sold on Ebay
- Everything- Have a fundraising yard sale and ask your friends and family to donate items for you to sell!
Step 4: Host a Silent Auction with any donated items you receive. Be sure you promote your event on Social Media sites such as Facebook and Twitter! You can even place an ad in your local newspaper!
Most importantly, don't stress! Let this be a fun adventure and be creative! Share some of your fundraising ideas in the comments section so we can all benefit!
And here is my "Make Margaritas" inspiration for today:
"We are always getting ready to live but never living."
--Ralph Waldo Emerson