Tuesday, December 13, 2011

"Having that, It's Just Not Fair, wanna stomp my feet, and pout moment"

I was having a conversation with a woman, who shall remain nameless, and we were sharing about our lives.  We started to, unintentionally, play the Ashley game.  What is the Ashley game?  It's that game you play when someone says something and the other person says something to one up you...yah, you know what I'm talking about!  Why is it called the Ashley game?  Well, that's not its technical name but that's what I call it because of a certain roommate I had in college...I think you catch my drift :)  Anyway, I rarely talk about my illness because I don't want to bore people with my problems, but we were on the subject and I was telling her how I have been feeling angry because I was cured of Lyme's Disease only to now have to battle Babesia.  Having that, It's Just Not Fair, wanna stomp my feet, and pout moment.  She then proceeds to tell me that she currently has 6 diseases that she is struggling with.  Well fine!  She wins!  Ummm, what exactly did she win?  And why was I feeling defeated?  Am I that desperate for pity?  Am I alone here?  I just want someone, anyone, to validate my feelings!!!  To say: "YES, Sarah!  It sucks that you were cured of Lyme's Disease and now you have Babesia!  You are RIGHT!  It is NOT fair!  You have every right to be angry and I am sorry!"  Is that too much to ask?

And so here is my "Make Margaritas" inspiration for the moment:
Ask yourself this question:
"Will this matter a year from now?"
Richard Carlson, writing in Don't Sweat the Small Stuff

No comments:

Post a Comment