Sunday, December 18, 2011

"Fatigue that will bring a grown man to his knees"

So I remember with Lyme's Disease that I was tired ALL the time, but the kind of fatigue you experience with Babesia is soooo much worse.  This type of fatigue will stop you in your tracks and make you drop to the floor...no joke.  As my doctor says, "The kind of fatigue you experience with Babesia can bring a grown man to his knees."  She was not kidding!  I remember the first day it hit me...and I mean literally hit me.  I was sitting at my desk at work and all the sudden it was like I was slammed in to a wall.  My fingers froze on my laptop and with tears running down my face, I quietly said to my co-worker, "I need help...I can't think anymore."  My co-workers were amazing and made sure I made it home okay.  It's the type of exhaustion where your brain shuts down and you are done for the day.  You instantly become a vegetable and all you can do is lay there in a catatonic like state.  Some days are great and I have great bursts of energy, and then there are the days when I can't open my eyelids to save my life.  On days when the fatigue is extreme, it takes all my energy just to get up to use the restroom.  I can seriously sleep all day and then have no problem sleeping that night.  Ahhhh!  I hate days like that!!!  It makes me feel so useless!  But I guess I need to look on the bright side because I am blessed with good days where I kinda forget I have Babesia at all (okay, we all know that's not true!  If I didn't have to take a bazillion pills everyday, maybe, just maybe then I could forget...for a second.)
So here is my "Make Margaritas" inspiration for today:  FALL SEVEN TIMES, STAND UP EIGHT- Japanese Proverb    Every time, fatigue brings me to my knees, I will stand back up and keep on fighting the good fight!  I encourage you to do the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment